Operation Good Cause 2019 is a fundraiser raffle of a 28mm WW2 US army benefiting the ICRC.

A Solid Foundation

Hello, most of you may know me as the guy who runs the Tabletop Fix newsblog (please go and have a look if you never heard of it :).

I started playing Bolt Action pretty much as soon as it was released. My main army is British in North Africa, but I also have early war Soviets, Finns and Hungarians, and used to have Italians (which I sold recently to a friend who is actually playing them).

When the the second edition for Bolt Action came out, I grabbed a Band of Brothers set mostly for the softback rule book, and suddenly I had a bunch of US Airborne and late war Germans. After playing around with the army list and getting my hand on more plastic sprues, I ordered some weapon teams and Pathfinders from Black Tree Design. That was all before the idea for Operation Good Cause came along, but I never got around to build them.



Now, I have some 50 paratroopers to add to the army, including a unit of Pathfinders and several Flamethrower, Bazooka and .30 cal weapon teams.

On top of that I took some tanks I had in my stockpiles, namely a Warlord Games  M10 Tank Destroyer and a Rubicon M5 Stuart.


I also scored two M8/M20 Scout Car sets during the Black Friday sale and am waiting for another small order of Black Tree Design miniatures.


The Warlord kit allows to build the models in a way to switch the turret for the MG ring, so I've built them that way. Had to compromise a bit because there is only one .50 cal, but you'll see that it works out fine.

Well, beside these miniatures I also turned out to be the guy who will build and paint most of the army and runs this blog. Over the next couple of months we will announce more units and models, and then reveal the finished army bit by bit.

Next time we will have a look at the contribution of the Christchurch Wargaming Club!

4 comments:

  1. looking good, i have a spare 50cal if u want it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I should have some in my bit box. I'll let you know if I need yours.

      Delete
  2. Looking good mate, are you painting them for Normandy ?

    ReplyDelete